- About Us
- Community Impact
- Take Action
- Our Partners
- Photo Gallery
- Contact us
New Business Development
New Business Development Committee
Join over 100 business leaders in Mercer County that partner with UWGMC to strengthen the community while at the same time identifying new markets with the potential to expand business operations.
The mission of the New Business Development Committee (NBD) is to help UWGMC identify, recruit, establish and maintain strategic partnerships with companies throughout Mercer County. Partnering for a stronger community involves tapping into and cultivating a diverse source of business leadership, including small businesses. The ongoing dedication and united efforts of concerned business leaders has been critical to UWGMC’s success in addressing human service issues and community needs.
Who are we?
Like your business, United Way of Greater Mercer County (UWGMC), is about partnerships, setting goals and measuring results. We identify the most critical community needs and fund only those organizations that can meet that need. Our mission is to prevent problems before they happen. But we don’t do it alone.
Our efforts are enhanced by the partnerships we have created with over 100 businesses who work with us everyday to make sure the investment employees make by giving us their time, talent and resources are effectively utilized. Collaboration and coordination with the business community is essential to ensure a safer, stronger, healthier Mercer County.
Living United means being a part of the positive change and advancing the common good by creating better opportunities for all.
Why Partner with UWGMC?
UWGMC does so much more than fundraise. We all have a stake in
ensuring the growth and development of Mercer County. UWGMC serves as a catalyst bringing together and channeling diverse community resources to bring about change.
The Mercer County business community and UWGMC share the same interests:
- Sound investments
- The Bottom Line
- Accountability and efficiency
- Community involvement
- Strengthening the community where we work and live
- Helping others to become successful, self sufficient, contributing members of our community
How to Partner with UWGMC
We invite you to become a part of the solution along with the more than 100 other local businesses in Mercer County that work with us. Here’s how you can help create a better future for all of us:
- Conduct a United Way workplace giving campaign
- Make a Corporate Contribution
- Sponsor an Event
- Become a Leadership Donor
- Donate Products or Services
- Provide direction and leadership during time of crisis
Consider the many benefits of a UWGMC partnership:
- Identify new markets and expand business operations
- Morale and Teamwork: Getting employees involved toward a common goal helps to build morale and teamwork that may translate into enhanced workplace performance
- Build trust and increase good will among customers by giving back to the community
- Response to the needs of others can make employees feel good about having helped someone else in need
- When you partner with UWGMC, your company is responding to many community issues and supporting a variety of nonprofits throughout the county all at the same time
- Gain visibility, exposure, promotion via UWGMC media stories, newsletter, website, annual report and public meetings
- Develop connections to other like minded community business leaders
- Develop leadership skills by participating in our highly recognized volunteer committees, board of directors, and community events
UWGMC Business Rewards Program
- Membership in the Small Business Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Membership in the Corporate Leadership Circle
- Invitations to UWGMC sponsored events and activities
- Mercer Regional Chamber of Commerce affiliations
If you are interested in becoming a member of the NBD Committee or becoming one of the many businesses that share the benefits of a UWGMC partnership send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Business Development Committee Staff
Senior Account Executive
United Way of Greater Mercer County
New Business Development Committee Chair
Michael J. Conlan, Esq.
Blank Rome LLP - Counselors at Law
Click here for The New Business Development brochure