Last year, volunteers prepared over 2,500 free tax returns that provided total refunds of $2.7 million. Struggling families use the savings from tax preparation fees and refunds to cover food, housing, medical, transportation and debt expenses.
Be a part of this vital resource to increase financial security for struggling families in Mercer County.
- No prior tax experience required
- Various opportunities available
- Volunteers needed from February 1 to April 15 2020
- Free IRS training begins December 2019
- Flexible volunteer hours (3-4 hour blocks)
- Sites located throughout Mercer County
- College students can earn course credits
- Tax professionals can earn Continuing Education Credits
- 100% review of all tax returns