United Way of Greater Mercer County is seeking volunteers to be a part of the free tax program. The program serves working families and individuals who make less than $65,000 a year in Mercer County.
Last year, volunteers prepared over 2,500 free tax returns that provided total refunds of $2.7 million. Struggling families use the savings from tax preparation fees and refunds to cover food, housing, medical, transportation and debt expenses.
Be a part of this vital resource to increase financial security for struggling families in Mercer County.
- No prior tax experience required
- Various opportunities available
- Volunteers needed from February 1 to April 15 2020
- Free IRS training begins December 2019
- Flexible volunteer hours (3-4 hour blocks)
- Sites located throughout Mercer County
- College students can earn course credits
- Tax professionals can earn Continuing Education Credits
- 100% review of all tax returns
training sessions coming up!
Crossroads Corporate Center
3150 Brunswick Pike Suite 230 Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Part 1- Friday, December 6, 2019: 8:30PM - 4:00PM
- Part 2- Friday, December 13, 2019: 8:30PM - 4:00PM
- Part 1- Saturday, December 7, 2019: 8:30PM - 4:00PM
- Part 2- Saturday, December 14, 2019: 8:30PM - 4:00PM