18,026 Volunteer Hours
UWGMC recorded 18,026 volunteer hours which (using the standard volunteer rate from Independent Sector at $25.68/hour) is a contribution of nearly $463,000 to our community. We had over 1,100 volunteers in the 2015-2016 reporting year who assisted with free tax prep, book drives, preparing literacy kits and packing meals.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Aligning your company's philanthropic goals with volunteerism is a great way to build your team, elevate your brand, enhance employee morale and impact your community. In addition to helping you oversee a project, we can match your company with one of our community-based partners, tailoring your project to your specific needs and your volunteers' skills. Team-based projects can be on- or off-site. They can also be a one-time only activity or a project that builds upon each activity for greater community impact.
Teaming up with United Way of Greater Mercer County is easy!
- Identify your project: Corporate Engagement Opportunities Guide.
- Submit your request (minimum of 4-6 weeks before desired project date)
Volunteerism is a great way to impact your community. We value individuals that help us in our mission to empower members of our community to gain the fundamental building blocks for a good quality of life: education, income and health.
- V.I.T.A. (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Volunteer
- Host a Teacher's Closet Drive
- Host a Book Drive
- Literacy Kit Project (cost associated with project)
- S.T.E.A.M. Kit Project (cost associated with project)
- Anti-Bullying Kit Project (cost associated with project)
For more information contact:
Denise Daniels at 609-896-1912 or Denise.Daniels@uwgmc.org