When the public health crisis disrupted the country, it left many underserved communities even more vulnerable. Many Mercer County families had to figure out how they were going to put food on the table, pay rent and utilities, and how to be educators with school closures.
United Way of Greater Mercer County responded to address the challenge. For over 80 years in the community, this is what we have been doing . Amidst the pandemic, we focused on keeping our community safe, ensuring individuals and families have basic needs, mobilizing resources, providing tools for students to minimize learning gaps, and helping build the capacity of nonprofit community partners. Download our COVID-19 Community Response & Recovery Impact here.
We are grateful to the many corporations, foundations, and individuals for their financial and in-kind support as well as volunteers for working with United Way of Greater Mercer County staff to respond and provide relief during this unprecedented time.
United Way of Greater Mercer County is committed to fighting for the health, safety, education, and financial security of all community members.
There will be long term effects of COVID-19. Rest assured we will do whatever is required to comfort and care for those in need. We will thrive as a community by confronting this challenge together and we invite you to join us in this effort. Donate to the COVID-19 Compassion Fund now!
COVID-19 COMPASSION FUND GRANTEES
To date, distributed $34,000 from the COVID-19 Compassion Fund to the following community partners to support their capacity:
- Every Child Valued - $6,000
- Interfaith Caregivers - $5,000
- John O. Wilson Center - $5,000
- Latin American Legal Defense Fund (LALDEF) - $5,000
- Mercer Street Friends - $5,000
- Rise Community Services Partnership- $5,000
- Rolling Harvest Food Rescue - $3,000
COMPASSION FUND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Dynell Kellyman- ETS and UWGMC Board Member
- David Saul- Bank of America
- Craig Weinrich- Community Activist
- Kimme Carlos- Kimme Carlos Motivational Consulting
Thank you to the supporters of our COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Efforts. Your support will assist struggling families in Mercer County financially impacted by the health crisis.
- First Energy Foundation
- Truist Foundation
- Individual Supporters
- United Way Worldwide
RAPID RESPONSE GRANTS
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Novo Nordisk
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Wells Fargo
IN KIND SUPPORT
- Autism Speaks
- Comcast (Philly/NJ)
- Kimberly Clark's Cottonelle
- Mercer County Community College
- Mercer Street Friends
- United Way of Bucks County
- United Ways of New Jersey