Updated: October 2018
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than contractors or service providers needed to improve our ability to communicate effectively with you.
PRINCIPLES, ACTIONS, AND BELIEFS:
- We do not sell customer information.
- Without the customer’s consent, we do not provide customer information to organizations or individuals outside the United Way family of organizations.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing services or products to UWGMC to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
- We will hold strictly confidential all information concerning donors and prospects, including names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
- We have procedures in place to limit access to information to those employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
- We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
- We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any customer who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation lists, or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
- We will collect, use, and share information about customers among employees, volunteers, affiliated agencies, United Way Worldwide, and Tri-State United Way only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out UWGMC’s mission.
- Information collected and used includes personal information obtained from donors, volunteers, and prospects through pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications, and other forms, in writing, in person, by telephone, or electronically (e.g. name, address, employer, birth date, credit card number, family members, interests, etc.).
- Individual information may also be collected about donors, volunteers, and prospects’ present and past giving history, volunteer activity, committee service, information from public documents and reports, and any other interactions an individual may have had with UWGMC or its agencies.
- Organizational information is collected from UWGMC-affiliated agencies and prospective agencies for the purposes of certification or recertification of agencies so that the funds and/or services of the UWGMC can be provided to those agencies. This information includes all data related to the present, past, and future operational, financial, planning, governance, functioning, and structure of the agencies.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION:
UWGMC uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of customer information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Services or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS:
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which UWGMC has no control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Statement but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third-party websites. UWGMC is not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT:
UWGMC may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement. We will post any revisions to the Services, and we advise you to check back periodically. The “Effective Date” reference at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement become effective when the revised Privacy Statement on the Services is posted. Your continued use of the Services or engagement in the Interactions after such changes are implemented will also constitute your affirmative consent to the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this Privacy Statement or UWGMC’s privacy practices, you may contact us at, 609-896-1912 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Time.