Dear Colleagues (OR PERSONALIZE),
Please mark your calendars for (DATE AND TIME) – our official United Way campaign kick-off! Our employee campaign coordinator is (NAME). With your support, we can make sure Mercer County is a place where everyone has a chance to live a quality life.
Today, Mercer County residents struggle to make it day to day and many families are one flat tire or one emergency room visit away from crisis. United Way unites people like you and me around tough issues, like financial security, and fights for change on a scale no single individual or organization can do on their own.
Over the past year, United Way’s work has led to:
- Nearly 1,000 individuals and families have accessed federal resources through their Benefits Access Program (NJ SNAP, healthcare, housing, and food)
- More than 1,200 free tax returns were filed so that families get closer to financial security providing them with tax credits and savings on filing fees.
- More than 4,025 meals and 5,000 lbs. of food were distributed to alleviate summer hunger though their Strike Out Hunger Inititiave; an additional 48,118 lbs. were distributed through the emergency farmers market in partnership with Rolling Harvest Food Rescue.
- More than 300 students received books and tools for reading
- 1,100 laptops were distributed in partnership with TDI Connect to keep students connected for virtual learning.
- 1,357 people received assistance for housing, food, health care and more using the NJ 211 helpline.
All of us at (COMPANY NAME) has the power to do good for our community. Please join me in lifting others so they have a chance to succeed. Together, to live better, we LIVE UNITED.